- PA State Police Clearance - Right now, this clearance is temporarily available free for volunteers. Volunteers: click the yellow "New Record Check" button, and the fee will be waived. Results are usually instantaneous. Once results come through, be sure to click on "Certification Form" to print out the official certificate.
- PA Child Abuse Clearance - Now available online; this clearance is also free for volunteers right now. Create a new account to file for the clearance. Identify yourself as a volunteer when you set up your account, and the fee will be waived.
- FBI Fingerprint Clearance - This is only required of volunteers who HAVE NOT been living in PA for the past 10 consecutive years. This clearance must be obtained through the Department of Human Services. Instructions to register for a fingerprinting are at the top right of the website. Most UPS stores offer fingerprinting services; the one near St. Basil's does: 518 Kimberton Rd, Phoenixville. Registration is online, then take the receipt to get fingerprinted. Results will be mailed to you in 1-4 weeks.
- FBI Volunteer Disclosure Statement - This is only required of volunteers who HAVE been living in PA for the past 10 years. In this case, the volunteer does not have to obtain an FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
Volunteers must obtain EITHER an FBI Fingerprint Clearance OR the FBI Disclosure Statement, depending on their PA residency.
The following trainings are required by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. They are required of all volunteers, in addition to the clearances required above. These need to be completed once and do not expire.
- Protecting God's Children Safe Environment Training - This is an off-site training. Visit the website for locations and dates, and to register. Be aware that seating is limited and local trainings fill up quickly.
- Technology Addendum - Required of all volunteers who attended the Protecting God's Children Training BEFORE July 1, 2011. After July 2011, the Tech Addendum information is included in the PGC Training. Contact Safe@StBasils.org 610-933-2110 if you need to complete the Tech Addendum
- Mandated Reporter Training - Visit the website and register for an account. Once logged in, click on "Online Trainings" on the toolbar on the left. Select "Safe Environment Part II: Mandatory Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse". Once complete, print out the certificate to submit.
- Mandated Reporter Acknowledgement - Volunteers who have already completed the Mandated Reporter Training before June 2015 must review this brochure on the responsibilities of being a Mandated Reporter and then sign the Mandated Reporter Acknowledgement form.
In summation, ALL volunteers must obtain:
PA State Police Clearance
Child Abuse History Clearance
FBI Fingerprint Clearance
Protecting God's Children Training
If you have questions regarding the status of your previously submitted clearances, call the Parish Office at 610-933-2110 or email Safe@StBasils.org